Thursday, April 15, 2010

first post/twenty ninth birthday

I turn 29 today.

No, that's ok you don't have to sing, I'll get embarrassed. But yeah sure, bake me a chocolate cake if you like...

This is the first day of the last year of my twenties.

I have no issue with turning 30. That is not what these here ramblings are going to be about. I won't be counting down until my life is over. I am looking at 30 as a beginning.

I am in my final year of a three year journalism degree which i have dragged out for four. Once i'm finished i hope to move away from the town in which i'm currently living..probably across the country..to find a job that will hopefully mean being more than a wage slave.

In 365 days my life will look vastly different. I'm excited about that. A little apprehensive as well.

I hope that writing about this year will help keep me motivated and inspired to seek change and growth and be brave about it.

This year will also be about the beginning of something that fills me with hope. I was single for ages (more about that later I think) and then I met someone at the end of last year. At my best friend's wedding. He was the best man, I was a bridesmaid..can you all say cliche!

You can read a little about it if you go visit my very best friend mrs t here. Things are going smashingly. I am still amazed by it. And by him. I apologise in advance because we are still at the sickeningly sweet stage..you have been warned.

I'm looking forward to talking to you interwebs.


Now, where's my cake?

13 comments:

  1. Muchos Bestie Birthday love to you x Love the new blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mrs Ts bestie hope you havea great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to say hi and happy birthday (am a friend of Mrs T). 29 is a good year and then when you hit 30, you realize it's not really all that different from 29. Hope things are great this year and continue to go well with the best man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interwebs. I never get sick of that word...

    Glad to see you're all hooked up and ready to blog, Miss P! Definitely enjoyed your guest post on 99+Forever, you love addict, you! Looking forward to your year ahead! And congrats to the "sickeningly sweet"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! Mrs T told me a while back that you have been a fan of my blog for some time now. That's fantastic. I'm so glad you have a blog now so we can be blog friends too!

    Em

    PS I haven't had time to read this post yet. I'll be back with a real comment later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I couldn't keep away. Good first post, and I can't wait to see more from you, especially if it means hearing about this mysterious and wonderful new best man boyfriend!!

    Oh, and happy birthday!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday to you! nice meeting your brand new blog and all the best on the last 'twenties' to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much everyone for the comments and for dropping by to visit me..oh i can see how one could get addicted to this!!

    mrs t - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    chic'n cheap - bring 30 on i say!

    angie - thanks for the congrats..good luck with the wedding planning..mia and charlie are crazy adorable! Looking forward to doing some catch up reading over at your spot in the blogworld.

    emmeline - i have been reading your blog for awhile! I really enjoy your writing and your honesty. So glad you dropped by and look forward to being blog buddies also!

    thais. - lovely to meet you! your blog is beauuutiful and i just found the prettiest wallet at jenniferladd's etsy shop so thanks for the link..happy b'day to me indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm, that is totally how I met my husband! Same story! Gotta love weddings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss P! I love it! I look forward to your updates!! =-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome and happy birthday! I enjoyed reading your post a while back on Mrs. Ts blog. Looking forward to following along and can't wait to hear more about your story :)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome! I'm visiting from Mrs. T's blog. Happy belated birthday - I am seven days older than you so we can go on this journey together . . . can't wait to hear more about life and the boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meghan - seriously?! and now you guys are married? that is so cool..

    Grier - she who yarns with barnsey..i look forward to following your internshipping adventures also!

    Dawn - thank you! am really enjoying visiting new blogs..yours is so beautiful and full of inspiration.

    PartyPlannerGal - Happy (very) belated birthday to you also! Is fantastic to hear from people in similar places in their lives! oh and your wedding shoes are aMAZing..

    ReplyDelete